I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
In this fun game, kids will compare groups of fish to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly. 15 different comparison strips are included in this ocean-themed learning activity that preschoolers and kindergarteners will just love!
Other Printable Animal-themed Centers and Worksheets
Count and Compare Acorns – A similar game that offers more practice for your little one
Mr Alligators Shape Bubble Bath – Spin the wheel then color in the shape until there are none left.
Frog Life Cycle – Pack of 3 activities perfect for spring as kids learn and observe the real life cycle in nature.
Count and Compare Fish Setup
For this activity you will need:
Wooden pegs or clothespins
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Fish Counting Game
Print out the sheets and cut them into individual strips.
If you plan to reuse this activity or work in a classroom, then I suggest laminating them.
Provide some wooden clips or plastic clothespins.
Ask your child to count the number of fish in the bowl versus in the tank and then place a peg or clip over the math symbol (greater than or less than) that would make the statement correct.
More Ocean Themed Centers
This pack of no-prep preschool math mats are designed to be just that – no prep! Simply print the page, setup the other tools you need (pompoms, playdough, etc) and your math center is ready!
There are 10 different games inside that work on a variety of early math skills including counting, one to one correspondence, ten frames, number recognition, number words, graphing, colors, shapes and more! The mats can be used to combine some fine motor development as well and they’re perfect for preschool up to kindergarten!
1.Ten frame mats – use with any counting token to practice one to one correspondence and number sense.
2.Playdough number words – build the word with playdough, then practice tracing it and writing it.
3.Shape mats – form the 10 different shapes with playdough and then practice writing the name of the shape.
4.Spin and graph – graphing of 4 choices from 1-5. 2 different styles of mat included.
5.Counting towers – make a stack of lego blocks, unifix cubes etc according to the number shown. Mats for 1-10 and 11-20 included.
6.Follow the line – trace the lines with small beads, stickers, buttons etc.
7.Roll and count – roll the dice and add that many to the mat.
8.Color sorting – place matching colored pom poms, buttons or beads into each circle.
9.Spin and rainbow write – spin for a number from 1-10 then write out the number. If you land on the same number again, use a different colored marker to end up with rainbow numbers.
10.Find and cover the number – place a pompom over all the matching numbers to work on number recognition skill from 1-10.
Ocean Theme Books For Kindergarten:
Other Summer Printables You’ll Love:
2) Summer Gross Motor Dice – printable dice for getting kids moving outside!
3) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – grab your rulers and learn how to measure length using ice cream cones.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – works on number recognition, subitizing and counting all at once.
5) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of mixed worksheets working on various literacy and match activities.
6) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats – Literacy and fine motor skills are developed with these colorful playdough letter mats that your students will surely treasure.
7) Count and Compare Fish – In this fun game, kids will count and compare fish in a tank and fish in a bowl to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly.
8) Firefly Counting – This math activity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and homeschooling or for busy parents looking for something their little one can do independently.
9) Flower Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this spring flowers-themed printable.
10) Easy Mondrian Art – My preschooler loved doing this super simple tape and chalk art activity outdoors but if you don’t have a garden, you can download the printable I made for you!
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus
** To download, please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need. You’ll also be added to my newsletter list. **