I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Do you know any kids who hate pizza? Me neither! Certainly not the two little ones I have at home and pepperoni pizza is their absolute favorite! In fact, we have pizza for dinner once every 2 weeks. So I’ve embraced that to create this cute set of counting clip cards that you can use as a preschool math center for counting 1 to 10!
Other Counting Printables
1) 15 Sets of Counting Clipcards for Spring and Summer – This collection of clip cards sets will help your child work on counting and developing fine motor muscle strength all throughout spring and summer.
2) Count the Germs Clip Cards – Make handwashing and hygiene fun and top of mind for kids with this fun set of counting clip cards. There are pictures of hands and also everyday objects that children can use to count up to 20.
3) Seasonal Playdough Counting Mats – With 40 playdough counting mats included (10 per season), this fun hands-on resource will be a great addition to your math centers all year long!
4) Counting Colorful Bugs Book – Printable bug-themed counting and coloring book from 1 to 10, great for spring!
Setting Up Counting Clip Cards
Counting 1 to 10
Print out the pages according to the size you would like – don’t forget to adjust your printer settings! I suggest to laminate them for repeated use. Your students will look at the pizza shown and practice counting 1 to 10 using the number of toppings.
Counting clip cards are a simple but effective activity for early math that also incorporates a fine motor aspect. When your students use the wooden pegs to mark their answer, they are actually strengthening their fine motor muscles.
To make this preschool math center a self-checking activity, place a sticker or small mark at the back of each card at the correct answer so that your students can just flip it over to find out if they have chosen the correct number.
Grab the Boom task cards version here to make your preschool math center digital!
More Free Food Themed Printables:
1) Burger Stand Math Fun – This burger-themed printable will help your students do simple addition in their heads in such a fun way and introduce them to the concept of calculating money as they manage a pretend cafe.
2) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clipcards – Preschoolers and kindergarteners will learn to identify colors while working on their fine motor strength.
3) Peanut Butter and Jelly Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles where your students will learn to match upper to lowercase letters.
4) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this summer-themed ice cream printable.
5) Count The Marshmallows 1-10 – Kids love marshmallows – eating them, playing with them, and now, they’ll love counting them too!
6) Gingerbread Number Puzzle Strips – Set of 3 differentiated gingerbread-themed number puzzles including one with dice representation.
7) Farmers Market Activities Pack – This pack of 5 activities is the perfect opportunity for kids to learn about healthy eating.
8) Autumn Apples I Spy – 3 differentiated levels of I Spy games perfect for an apple-themed learning unit.
9) Fruit and Vegetable Activity Pack – Preschool fruit and vegetable activity pack of 5 printable games.
10) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – These 4-piece watermelon number puzzles will keep your children entertained while working on early math skills like number recognition, counting and subitizing.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!