I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
This simple preschool fine motor activity will help develop your students’ fine motor muscle strength and allow them to practice correct pencil grip. Prewriting skills like tracing are crucial for building hand-eye coordination, confidence, concentration and focus. Download these free printable Easter Egg tracing worksheets as a quiet independent game for early finishers in your class this Spring!
Other Printable Easter Centers and Worksheets
1) April Easter Printable Worksheets – Pack 50 pages of free Easter-themed printable worksheets for kids. Includes a variety of literacy, math and fine motor activities
2) Easter Egg Patterns – A colorful Easter activity to teach early math skill of recognizing patterns
3) Easter Bunny Sight Words – Kids will actively try to balance the egg on the spoon and fish it out of the ‘jail’. For each egg that escapes, they need to read a sight word then the egg will be safe.
4) Bunny Burrows Game – Really fun small group or circle time game that works on learning letter sounds
5) Bunny Carrot Match-Up – Your preschooler will love this numbers and colors matching activity with an Easter Bunny theme.
Setting Up Your Prewriting Skills Center
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
This is a simple activity to set up and to play. Just print out the pages and laminate them. Laminating means that you’ll be able to repeat the activity or reuse the tracing lines with other students. If you decide to laminate them, you’ll need to provide dry-erase markers for the writing tools.
Fun Preschool Fine Motor Activity
Although this printable worksheet seems like such an easy activity, it is actually a very important one. Prewriting skills like tracing over lines help young children gain control over their hand and arm, allowing them to form numbers and letters later on. It’s crucial to make sure they are gripping the pencil correctly in order to get the maximum benefit from this exercise.
This printable Easter Egg Tracing game can also improve focus, hand-eye coordination, confidence and concentration – all while giving you some time to yourself! There are 8 patterns included on pastel-colored Easter eggs perfect for springtime!
More Easter Themed Centers
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Easter Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Easter Train Letter Strips – Fill in the next 2 letters in the alphabet. You could also use them for handwriting practice or for writing out the matching lowercase.
2) Easter Rhyming Clip Cards- 24 included
3) Easter Spin and Cover Letters – Alphabet is divided into 5 mats so this would be a great literacy center for small groups.
4) Easter Vowel Sorting – Kids will sort the eggs into the correct vowel baskets. 8 objects per vowel included.
5) Bunny Burrows Game – This game comes with a song poster and letter cards. You can use this to practice letter sounds, beginning sounds of objects, etc
6) Easter Ten Frame Mats – Use this with playdough to form the numbers + ‘eggs’ in the ten frame or you could also use real chocolate eggs for counting practice.
7) Easter Spin and Rainbow Write – Kids will spin the wheel and write the number it lands on. If it lands on the same number twice, they will use a different crayon/marker so that each number becomes a rainbow.
8) Easter Pick and Cover Numbers to 20 – Mats for 1-10, 11-20 and 1-20 are included together with the number cards. Print them out, cut into individual number cards and have your little ones learn number recognition.
9) Easter Color Clip Cards – Match the color of the Easter bunny’s egg and carrot.
10) Easter Bunny Math – 12 cards each provided for addition to 10 and subtraction from to 10 plus a recording sheet for their answers.
Other Free Easter Printables You’ll Love:
1) Easter Egg Tracing Lines – This simple preschool fine motor activity will help develop your students’ fine motor muscle strength and allow them to practice correct pencil grip.
2) Easter Bunny Sight Words – Kids will actively try to balance the egg on the spoon and fish it out of the ‘jail’. For each egg that escapes, they need to read a sight word then the egg will be safe.
3) Easter Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of free Easter-themed printable worksheets for kids including a variety of literacy, math, and fine motor activities.
4) Easter Egg Patterns – A colorful Easter activity to teach the early math skill of recognizing patterns.
5) Count The Bunnies 1-10 – Kids will surely have a hop-py time counting up to 10 bunnies in a line.
6) Bunny Burrows Game – Really fun small group or circle time game that works on learning letter sounds.
7) Bunny Spin and Cover (Numbers 1-5) – This simple number recognition printable is great fun for preschoolers and just in time for Easter!
8) Bunny Carrot Match-Up – Your preschooler will love this numbers and colors matching activity with an Easter Bunny theme!
9) Bunny Addition to 10 – Your preschooler can practice doing some addition to 10 sums using the adorable bunny number slider that comes with the worksheet.
10) Easter Bunny Simple Sums Addition & Subtraction – This Easter Bunny math activity helps students solve basic sums by having a visual representation they can use to count, instead of just numbers.
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **