I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Are you teaching beginning R blends? Print out this free frog themed activity to practice some of the sounds in a fun way with your kindergarten and first grade students. This spring literacy center can be set up really quickly!
With beginning sound blends, the 2 consonants are verbalized together and easily roll off the tongue. Individual letter sounds are still heard, unlike a digraph where a new sound is produced. Beginning R blends consist of a consonant followed by the letter R. Examples include br, cr, fr, etc.
Other Printable Frog Theme Centers and Worksheets
1) Frog Life Cycle – worksheet pack with 3 activities
2) Count The Frogs 1-10 – Practice math while working on fine motor strength as your child counts how many frogs are by the pond.
3) Frogs On A Lilypad Counting Mats – Count to 10 with these beautifully designed mats perfect for spring themed learning.
4) Frog Number Hop – add and subtract while racing around the pond
Setting Up Your Spring Literacy Center
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Simply set your printer to print out the sheets with 4-6 words on each and then cut them into individual cards. Laminating them will make them sturdy and reusable. Place them in a bowl or box for your students to pick out and randomly tackle one by one or you could even bundle them unto a metal ring. If you’re laminating them, provide some dry erase markers for your students to circle their answer.
Playing This Frog Themed Activity
This free frog themed activity focuses on the blends br, cr, dr, fr, gr and tr. There are more than 30 words in total.
Encourage your student to break up the word so they can really hear and practice the beginning R sounds. To extend the learning, you could even ask them to change the blend to one of the others shown and make up a new nonsense word!
This frog theme activity makes a fun spring literacy center for kindergarten or 1st grade students. Since it only takes minutes to set up, I’m sure it’ll become one of your favorite activities to practice beginning R blends.
Other Frog Printables You’ll Love:
1) Frog Beginning R Blends – Are you teaching beginning R blends? Print out this free frog-themed activity to practice some of the sounds in a fun way with your kindergarten and first-grade students.
2) Frog Lowercase Tracing – Whether you’re prepping for a preschool frog theme week or looking for a kindergarten handwriting practice tool to include in your spring literacy centers, this free frog lowercase tracing printable game will be perfect for it!
3) Count The Frogs 1-10 – Practice math while working on fine motor strength as your child counts how many frogs are by the pond.
4) Frog Number Hop Game – A frog-themed game where kids will add and subtract while racing to the pond.
5) Frogs On A Lilypad Counting Mats – Count to 10 with these beautifully designed mats perfect for spring-themed learning.
6) Frog Life Cycle – This worksheet packet contains 3 activities about the frog’s life cycle.
7) Freddy Frog Spring Color By Number – This frog-themed printable will get your preschooler excited for spring!
More fun educational tools:
1) May Spring Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of free printable worksheets including a variety of literacy, math, and fine motor activities.
2) Spring Flowers Draw and Count – Students will need to draw the number of flowers stated on the page.
3) Spring Code Words – Solve the coded puzzle to find out the Spring themed vocabulary words.
4) Spring Counting Clipcards – This activity is perfect for preschool number recognition, one-to-one correspondence, and counting skills.
5) Spring Color By Number Pack – There are 6 spring-themed color-by-number pages included in this pack.
6) Bird Theme 3 Part Cards – Set up this free printable as proper 3 part cards for a spring literacy activity or as a preschool science center to help your students learn the names of different birds.
7) Weather Math Worksheets Pack – 9 different math worksheets inside this weather-themed activity pack for working on number order, shapes, counting etc.
8) Count The Kites 1-10 – Practice counting while strengthening their little hand muscles at the same time with this set of counting clip cards.
9) Raindrops Counting Frames – Keep your kids busy indoors with this rain-themed counting activity.
10) Missing Number Eggs – Practice counting from 1-20 with this cut and paste activity.
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **