I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
This fruit and vegetable printable makes learning colors easy! Preschoolers will enjoy color matching using these fine motor clipcards. You can even use them to introduce healthy eating habits if you’re planning a nutrition-themed week.
Why Is Learning Colors Important?
There is plenty of emphasis on math and literacy in school but learning colors is an essential skill for preschool students to master too. Color matching activities like these fruit and vegetable fine motor clipcards help students to broaden their abstract thinking as well as helping them focus on a specific task for a longer duration of time. Plus, children love arts and crafts so colorful activities just make their day more fun!
Got a preschooler who’s reluctant to try a new fruit and vegetable? These fine motor clipcards might just get them to open up to the idea! Repeated exposure to helps develop healthy eating habits so these are not just for color matching, they can be used to introduce the idea of vitamins and minerals, how plants grow and so much more!
Fruit and Vegetable Fine Motor Clipcards Setup
For this activity you will need:
Wooden pegs or clothespins
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Color Matching Activity
Print out the sheets and cut into 4 individual clipcards.
Provide some wooden clips or plastic clothespins in the center of the table.
Ask your child to place a clip or peg on the color that matches the fruit or vegetable shown on the card.
If you are doing this in a classroom setting, I would suggest laminating the cards. This makes them easier to handle and allows you to reuse the game in the future.
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Fruit and Vegetable Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Coconut Read It, Write It, Make It Mats – The mat can be laminated and you can write any word you choose on it. I have also included 40 pre-primer sight words that you can use.
2) Lemon Letter Writing Strips – uppercase letters included.
3) Peas and Carrots Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles can be used on its own, in a sensory tub or as an alphabet hunt around the room.
4) Picnic Basket Syllable Sorting – 24 picture cards included that need to be sorted into 1, 2 or 3 syllables
5) Pineapple Pick and Cover Letters – Pick up a letter card and find it on the pineapple themed mat. Continue playing until all letters have been covered.
6) Watermelon Counting Clip Cards – Kids will work on counting up to 20 as well as improve their fine motor skills in this game.
7) Fruit and Vegetable Simple Sums to 10 – Set of 12 addition cards and another set of 12 subtraction cards included with a recording sheet.
8) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clip Cards – Use a wooden peg or clothespin to match the color of the fruit or vegetable shown
9) Fruit and Vegetable Measurement Cards – Set of 12 picture cards included with recording sheet
10) Fruit and Vegetable Number Puzzle Strips – Puzzles for 1-10, 11-20, skip counting by 2s and 5s included.
Check it out for more ready-to-go fun!
Books About Fruits and Vegetables That We Love:
More Free Food Themed Printables:
1) Burger Stand Math Fun – This burger-themed printable will help your students do simple addition in their heads in such a fun way and introduce them to the concept of calculating money as they manage a pretend cafe.
2) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clipcards – Preschoolers and kindergarteners will learn to identify colors while working on their fine motor strength.
3) Peanut Butter and Jelly Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles where your students will learn to match upper to lowercase letters.
4) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this summer-themed ice cream printable.
5) Count The Marshmallows 1-10 – Kids love marshmallows – eating them, playing with them, and now, they’ll love counting them too!
6) Gingerbread Number Puzzle Strips – Set of 3 differentiated gingerbread-themed number puzzles including one with dice representation.
7) Farmers Market Activities Pack – This pack of 5 activities is the perfect opportunity for kids to learn about healthy eating.
8) Autumn Apples I Spy – 3 differentiated levels of I Spy games perfect for an apple-themed learning unit.
9) Fruit and Vegetable Activity Pack – Preschool fruit and vegetable activity pack of 5 printable games.
10) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – These 4-piece watermelon number puzzles will keep your children entertained while working on early math skills like number recognition, counting and subitizing.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
6) Valentines Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of mixed literacy and math activities.
7) Zoo Animals Number Puzzle Strips – Complete these cute puzzles and learn the numbers 1 to 20.
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus
Community Helpers and Their Tools 3-Piece Puzzles
Unicorn Ten Frame Mats
Count The Bees 1-10
Fruits and Vegetables Themed Literacy and Math Centers
Spring Counting Clip Cards (4 Fun Designs!)
Turkey Alphabet Pie Pick and Color: Letter Recogntion Games for Kindergarten
Easter Egg Patterns: Free Pattern Worksheets for Kindergarten
Count The Raindrops 1-10