I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
This fruit and vegetable printable makes learning colors easy! Preschoolers will enjoy color matching using these fine motor clipcards. You can even use them to introduce healthy eating habits if you’re planning a nutrition-themed week.
Why Is Learning Colors Important?
There is plenty of emphasis on math and literacy in school but learning colors is an essential skill for preschool students to master too. Color matching activities like these fruit and vegetable fine motor clipcards help students to broaden their abstract thinking as well as helping them focus on a specific task for a longer duration of time. Plus, children love arts and crafts so colorful activities just make their day more fun!
Got a preschooler who’s reluctant to try a new fruit and vegetable? These fine motor clipcards might just get them to open up to the idea! Repeated exposure to helps develop healthy eating habits so these are not just for color matching, they can be used to introduce the idea of vitamins and minerals, how plants grow and so much more!
Fruit and Vegetable Fine Motor Clipcards Setup
Playing This Color Matching Activity
Print out the sheets and cut into 4 individual clipcards.
Provide some wooden clips or plastic clothespins in the center of the table.
Ask your child to place a clip or peg on the color that matches the fruit or vegetable shown on the card.
If you are doing this in a classroom setting, I would suggest laminating the cards. This makes them easier to handle and allows you to reuse the game in the future.
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Fruit and Vegetable Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Coconut Read It, Write It, Make It Mats – The mat can be laminated and you can write any word you choose on it. I have also included 40 pre-primer sight words that you can use.
2) Lemon Letter Writing Strips – uppercase letters included.
3) Peas and Carrots Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles can be used on its own, in a sensory tub or as an alphabet hunt around the room.
4) Picnic Basket Syllable Sorting – 24 picture cards included that need to be sorted into 1, 2 or 3 syllables
5) Pineapple Pick and Cover Letters – Pick up a letter card and find it on the pineapple themed mat. Continue playing until all letters have been covered.
6) Watermelon Counting Clip Cards – Kids will work on counting up to 20 as well as improve their fine motor skills in this game.
7) Fruit and Vegetable Simple Sums to 10 – Set of 12 addition cards and another set of 12 subtraction cards included with a recording sheet.
8) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clip Cards – Use a wooden peg or clothespin to match the color of the fruit or vegetable shown
9) Fruit and Vegetable Measurement Cards – Set of 12 picture cards included with recording sheet
10) Fruit and Vegetable Number Puzzle Strips – Puzzles for 1-10, 11-20, skip counting by 2s and 5s included.
Books About Fruits and Vegetables That We Love:
More Free Food Themed Printables:
1) Burger Stand Math Fun – This burger-themed printable will help your students do simple addition in their heads in such a fun way and introduce them to the concept of calculating money as they manage a pretend cafe.
2) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clipcards – Preschoolers and kindergarteners will learn to identify colors while working on their fine motor strength.
3) Peanut Butter and Jelly Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles where your students will learn to match upper to lowercase letters.
4) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this summer-themed ice cream printable.
5) Count The Marshmallows 1-10 – Kids love marshmallows – eating them, playing with them, and now, they’ll love counting them too!
6) Gingerbread Number Puzzle Strips – Set of 3 differentiated gingerbread-themed number puzzles including one with dice representation.
7) Farmers Market Activities Pack – This pack of 5 activities is the perfect opportunity for kids to learn about healthy eating.
8) Autumn Apples I Spy – 3 differentiated levels of I Spy games perfect for an apple-themed learning unit.
9) Fruit and Vegetable Activity Pack – Preschool fruit and vegetable activity pack of 5 printable games.