I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Kids will have so much fun playing these 10 ice cream activities they won’t even realise they’re developing early literacy and math skills! This easy-prep pack of 10 games will get your kids excited for summer in no time.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Ice Cream Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Popsicle sticks or other manipulatives
Clips or wooden pegs
Writing tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
Printable Ice Cream Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Ice Cream Letter Case Clipcards – This game will allow kids to work on fine motor skills as well as matching the upper and lowercase letters. Print out and cut the sheets into individual cards. Grab some wooden pegs/clothespins and watch them enjoy this game.
2) Sight Word Scooping – In this game, kids will work on building the sight word shown on the cone using the letters on ice cream scoops. 40 pre-primer Dolce words are included.
3) What’s The Letter Scoop? – Kids are provided with a recording sheet that they can use to color or cover the letters as they pick up the letter cards and practice letter recognition. Both upper and lowercase cards and recording sheets are provided.
4) Ice Cream Code Words – Kids will have fun playing detective in this game. A set of 12 coded words is provided with the decoder and answer sheet.
5) Ice Cream Shop Tracing Lines – Work on fine motor skills for pre-writing practice by tracing the path the kids need to take to the ice cream shop. Print out and cut the sheets into individual strips. I suggest laminating them and using with dry erase markers.
6) Banana Split Number Order – This math game will have kids filling in one more and one less number from the one shown in the middle.
7) Ice Cream Cone Shape Matching – 13 different shapes included that kids can match up.
8) Ice Cream Counting Clip Cards – Kids will practice counting the number of scoops to 20.
9) Ice Cream Ten Frame Matching – This would make a great file folder game. Kids will place the cherry with the correct number that matches the ten frame on the ice cream scoop. Cut out the cherry pieces, laminate and place a velcro dot behind each one.
10) Popsicle Stick Number Formation Cards – This can be used as flashcards or a simple number formation activity with popsicle sticks or other summer-themed manipulatives.