Popsicle Stick Number Formation Mats 1-10
I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Looking for a new ice cream theme preschool activity? These number formation mats 1-10 are a perfect summer theme math center! Just grab some popsicle sticks and some craft velcro dots to get started.
Popsicle Stick Number Formation Mats Setup
For this activity you will need:
Optional: Velcro Dots
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Numbers Game
There are a few ways you could use this.
First, you could print out these cards at full-page size to use as number formation mats 1-10. Place the velcro dots at the ends of the popsicle sticks so that they can be joined together. Your students will take the popsicle sticks and attempt to copy the number illustrations shown. If you don’t have popsicle sticks then of course you could substitute for other manipulatives or even playdoh. It would also be helpful to have some half length popsicle sticks.
If you’re in a classroom setting, then it might be better to print full size to make it easier for the kids to copy, especially if you’re using it with small groups.
The second way is to print them out in a smaller size to use as flashcards, number wall cards, posters, etc.
If you’re using these at home, you might want to print them out smaller and put them unto a metal ring to keep the mats together and make it easier to store away or take around.
This ice cream theme preschool activity is a great summer theme math center and I would suggest laminating them too.
More Ice Cream Themed Centers
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Ice Cream Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Ice Cream Letter Case Clipcards – match the upper and lowercase letters
2) Sight Word Scooping – find the correct lettered scoops to form the sight word on the cone
3) What’s The Letter Scoop? – pick a letter card and color it in the recording sheet; upper and lowercase provided
4) Ice Cream Code Words – set of 12 coded words provided with the decoder and answer sheet
5) Ice Cream Shop Tracing Lines – pre-writing practice of tracing the path the kids need to take to the shop
6) Banana Split Number Order – fill in one more and one less number from the one shown
7) Ice Cream Cone Shape Matching – 13 different shapes
8) Ice Cream Counting Clip Cards – count the number of scoops to 20
9) Ice Cream Ten Frame Matching – place the cherry with the correct number that matches the ten frame on the scoop
10) Popsicle Stick Number Formation Cards – can be used as flashcards or number formation activity with popsicle sticks or other manipulatives
Ice Cream Theme Books For Kindergarten:
Other Summer Printables You’ll Love:
2) Summer Gross Motor Dice – printable dice for getting kids moving outside!
3) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – grab your rulers and learn how to measure length using ice cream cones.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – works on number recognition, subitizing and counting all at once.
5) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of mixed worksheets working on various literacy and match activities.
6) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats – Literacy and fine motor skills are developed with these colorful playdough letter mats that your students will surely treasure.
7) Count and Compare Fish – In this fun game, kids will count and compare fish in a tank and fish in a bowl to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly.
8) Firefly Counting – This math activity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and homeschooling or for busy parents looking for something their little one can do independently.
9) Flower Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this spring flowers-themed printable.
10) Easy Mondrian Art – My preschooler loved doing this super simple tape and chalk art activity outdoors but if you don’t have a garden, you can download the printable I made for you!
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus