I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Students will love this new summer literacy center. Use this seashell theme printable to master alphabet order and sequencing. These simple task cards require just a thumbs up or down response and are perfect for your preschool or kindergarten kids.
Other Printable Summer Centers and Worksheets
1) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 free pages of summer-themed fun worksheets for preschoolers and kindergarteners to work on their literacy, math and fine motor skills.
2) Popsicle Stick Number Formation Mats 1-10 – These number formation mats are perfect for summer! Just grab some popsicle sticks and some craft velcro dots to get started.
3) Count The Crabs 1-10 – This printable set of counting clip cards will certainly get your preschoolers in the mood for all the sunshine and beach fun.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – These 4-piece watermelon number puzzles will keep your children entertained while working on early math skills like number recognition, counting and subitizing.
Summer Alphabet Order Setup
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Print the pages according to the size you want – don’t forget to adjust your printer settings! I suggest laminating them for easy and repeated use.
Your students will look at the sequence of 4 letters and decide if the order is correct or not. Letters are written in uppercase. Your student will simply need to choose the thumbs up or down response.
This is a simple but effective activity that also incorporates a fine motor aspect. When you student uses a small wooden peg or clip to mark their answer, they are exercising their finger muscles. You can also make this a self-checking activity by placing a small sticker at the back of the card at the correct letter. This way, the student will flip the card and they can check if they got the answer correct.
If you don’t have clothespins, then you can just circle the answer with dry-erase markers.
If you’re looking to go digital, I also have this game available as Boom Cards which can be used with Seesaw, Google Classroom and other distance learning platforms. Grab these internet task cards here.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Other Summer Printables You’ll Love:
2) Summer Gross Motor Dice – printable dice for getting kids moving outside!
3) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – grab your rulers and learn how to measure length using ice cream cones.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – works on number recognition, subitizing and counting all at once.
5) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of mixed worksheets working on various literacy and match activities.
6) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats – Literacy and fine motor skills are developed with these colorful playdough letter mats that your students will surely treasure.
7) Count and Compare Fish – In this fun game, kids will count and compare fish in a tank and fish in a bowl to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly.
8) Firefly Counting – This math activity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and homeschooling or for busy parents looking for something their little one can do independently.
9) Flower Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this spring flowers-themed printable.
10) Easy Mondrian Art – My preschooler loved doing this super simple tape and chalk art activity outdoors but if you don’t have a garden, you can download the printable I made for you!
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **