I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Make preschool numbers and math a little bit more magical with these Unicorn Ten Frame Mats. This unicorn printable for kids will help them learn one-to-one correspondence and counting up to 10.
Unicorn Ten Frame Mats Setup
For this activity you will need:
Counting items like rainbow mini erasers, pom poms, colorful beads etc
Alternatives for single use: Dot stickers, crayon, bingo markers, etc
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Preschool Numbers and Math Game
Print out the unicorn ten frame mats.
Provide the child with some small manipulatives like rainbow mini erasers or pom poms. You could also consider using playdough balls.
Kids will match the number shown on the mat to the number of small manipulatives that needs to be counted out.
I always suggest laminating the mats prior to use so you can keep and use them again next time
More Preschool Math and Literacy Activities:
Need more help with your lesson planning? This bundle of literacy and math centers for preschool and kindergarten currently includes 16 different themed packs – each pack comes with 5 literacy and 5 math centers. You’ll save a ton of time and so much money!
Delightful Unicorn Theme Books:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Other Animal Printables You’ll Love:
1) Zoo Animal Sight Words Bingo – Use this as a small group literacy center in your classroom to learn pre-primer Dolch sight words.
4) Count the Chickens – practice counting from 1 to 10 with these clip cards.
5) Bird Theme 3-Part Cards – learn different types of birds in this Montessori-style activity.
8) Unicorn Ten Frame Mats – make math a little more magical while teaching one-to-one correspondence, counting, and the use of ten frames.
9) Dog Bone Math Game – Count up the bones and solve the simple sums within 10.