I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Preschool and kindergarten students will learn pre-primer Dolch sight words in this printable zoo animal bingo game. Use this as a small group literacy center in your classroom or as a hands-on sight word reading activity for your homeschooling kids.
For this activity you will need:
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Print out the sight word sheets and cut into individual cards. I have included a full color version as well as a low-ink version. You could laminate them for easy use. These cards will go in a bag or in the center of the table. There are 8 different bingo cards included. Print however many you need for your small group play. Pick a sight word card from the pile and read aloud or have your student read it out. Each child will find it on their own bingo card and cross off the word. The game continues until someone gets 5 in a row in any direction – BINGO!
Sight words are those that appear frequently in children’s books so learning them will give students a good base for reading. They are also called sight words because many don’t follow the general phonics rules of breaking up a word in order to read it correctly. There are 220 common words as well as 95 nouns in the complete list of Dolch sight words.
Other Animal Printables You’ll Love:
1) Zoo Animal Sight Words Bingo – Use this as a small group literacy center in your classroom to learn pre-primer Dolch sight words.
4) Count the Chickens – practice counting from 1 to 10 with these clip cards.
5) Bird Theme 3-Part Cards – learn different types of birds in this Montessori-style activity.
8) Unicorn Ten Frame Mats – make math a little more magical while teaching one-to-one correspondence, counting, and the use of ten frames.
9) Dog Bone Math Game – Count up the bones and solve the simple sums within 10.
Extend the activity with these educational tools:
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **