I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Kids will have so much fun playing these 10 dinosaur activities they won’t even realise they’re developing early literacy and math skills! This easy-prep pack of 10 games will have them stomping and roaring with excitement in no time.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Dinosaur Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Playdough or other manipulatives
Clips or wooden pegs
Paperclip to use as spinner or prepared plastic spinners
Writing tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Dot stickers/markers or pompoms to make patterns
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Printable Dinosaur Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Dinosaur Alphabet Writing Strips – Print out and cut into individual strips for kids to practice writing out the letters with handwriting lines. Great for writing centers!
2) Dinosaur CVC Ending Sounds – 40 different CVC words included. Simply print out and cut up into individual cards. I suggest laminating them and then using a dry erase marker to write the letters on.
3) Dinosaur Alphabet Clip Strips – This is a fun activity that works on fine motor skills and literacy. Print out and cut into individual strips. Place a clothespin/wooden peg on the matching letters on the strip.
4) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – Print out and cut into individual cards. Print out the recording sheet. Pick a letter card then find and color it in on the recording sheet until all letters have been found.
5) Dinosaur Playdough Color Words Mats – There are 8 different mats to use with playdough for forming the names of colors.
6) Dinosaur School Race Spin and Graph – This game can be used with a plastic spinner or paperclip and pencil combination. Spin the wheel and race to reach 10.
7) Dinosaur Playdough Counting Mats to 10 – Kids can form the number and then fill up the ten frame with playdough ‘dinosaur eggs’. Great for counting practice!
8) Dinosaur Number to Word Matching – Print out and cut up into individual cards. Have kids match up the number 1-10 cards to the number word cards.
9) Dinosaur Egg Pattern Strips – Use pompoms, dot markers, dot stickers or other colored manipulatives to complete the patterns. This game includes ABAB, AABB, ABCABC and ABCB patterns.
10) Dinosaur Eating Habits Sorting Mats – Print out the 2 sorting mats and the picture cards. Divide up the 18 food items into the herbivore or carnivore mats.
Please the button below to see a full preview of the activities included.
Farmers Market Activities Pack: Fill Up Your Basket with Healthy Eating Printables for Kids
Choo Choo Choose A Train Number Writing Practice!
Simple Snowman Real Life 2D Shapes Puzzles
Make It Rain Numbers With Raindrops Counting Frames to 20!
Get Ready For The Holidays With Christmas CVC Words Read and Match
Count The Marshmallows 1-10
Count The Fireflies 1-10
Free Birthday Activities Pack