I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
This easy-prep pack of 10 Halloween-themed literacy and math centers is full of treats, no tricks!
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Halloween Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Playdough or other counting manipulatives
Paperclip to use as spinner or prepared plastic spinners
Writing tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Optional: velcro dots
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
Printable Halloween Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Witch Sight Word Spells – There are 40 pre-primer word cards provided with themed letter cards to form the sight words. Print out the sheets and cut into individual pieces to start playing.
2) Werewolf Spin and Cover Letters – The alphabet is divided into 5 different playing mats. Print them out and use with a plastic spinner or paperclip and pencil combination. Use themed manipulatives like candy corn or mini erasers as tokens to cover the letters.
3) Spider Web Sight Word Match – Print out and cut out into individual cards. Pick a spider card and find its matching web pair. This game works on recognition of the 40 pre-primer sight words.
4) Trick or Treat Tracing – Help kids develop pre-writing fine motor skills with 15 different tracing patterns.
5) Graveyard Alphabet Match – Print out and cut into individual cards. Pair up the letter ghosts with their matching tombstones.
6) Frankenstein Ten Frame Matching – This game would make a great file folder game but I have also included a bigger version should you choose to it in a small group center. Match up the ten frame to the numbers 1-10.
7) Candy Counting Mats to 10 – You’ll find 10 trick or treat themed counting mats that you can use with playdough or any Halloween counting manipulative – even real candy if you want!
8) Count and Write to 10 – This game consists of flashcards that can be used for counting the objects and then learning to write the number words for them. Print them out and laminate to use with dry-erase markers.
9) Measurement Cards – Grab a ruler and record the lengths of the 12 different creatures. An answer sheet is provided.