I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
The letter-saurus will surely be your child’s new favorite dinosaur! Preschoolers will love pretending to be a paleontologist so grab this free printable game and start working on letter recognition.
Letter-saurus Fossil Digging Setup
For this activity you will need:
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Dinosaur Game
Print out the letters and cut them into individual cards. Print out the ‘Letter-saurus’ playing mat and provide some coloring tools.
Your child will pick one of the letter cards at a time and find the letter on the playing mat to color.
The game continues until all letters have been colored in.
You could extend the playing time by hiding the letter cards in a treasure hunt around the room. This is how I played it with my son.
Another idea, to make it more active, is to get them to jump up to grab a letter card hanging from a string.
If you have paleontologist pretend play toys, place the letter cards in a big sensory tub filled with sand and have your child ‘dig’ them out of the ‘excavation site’. Super fun!
More Dinosaur Themed Centers
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Dinosaur Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on math, literacy and fine motor skills.
1) Dinosaur Alphabet Writing Strips – with handwriting lines
2) Dinosaur CVC Ending Sounds – 40 different words included
3) Dinosaur Alphabet Clip Strips – place a clothespin/clip on the matching letters on the strip
4) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – pick a letter card then find and color it on the recording sheet
5) Dinosaur Playdough Color Words Mats – 8 different mats to use with playdough for forming the names of colors
6) Dinosaur School Race Spin and Graph – race to 10
7) Dinosaur Playdough Counting Mats to 10 – form the number and then fill up the ten frame with playdough ‘dinosaur eggs’
8) Dinosaur Number to Word Matching – number and word cards to 10 included
9) Dinosaur Egg Pattern Strips – use pompoms, dot markers, dot stickers or other colored manipulatives to complete the patterns. Includes ABAB, AABB, ABCABC and ABCB patterns
10) Dinosaur Eating Habits Sorting Mats – divide 18 food items into herbivore or carnivore mats
Fun Books About Dinosaurs:
Other Dinosaur Printables You’ll Love:
1) Dinosaur Printable Worksheets Pack – 50-page pack for your little one to practice letter recognition, writing, counting, graphing, tracing, coloring and so much more.
2) Dinosaur On The Run Tracing Lines – Improve fine motor skills and concentration at the same time. There are more than 10 different patterns to choose from.
5) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – Preschoolers will love pretending to be a paleontologist so grab this free printable game and start working on letter recognition.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom: