I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
This colorful and fun pack of 10 literacy and math Bugs and Butterflies centers will give your kids a spring in their step!
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Spring Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Playdough or other manipulatives
Clips or wooden pegs
Writing tools – crayon, pencil, etc
Pompoms, dot stickers or bingo markers
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers for use in a center and increasing durability
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Printable Bugs and Butterflies Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Bugs Playdough Counting Mats – The mats contain blank ten frames to count out playdough balls or insect manipulatives if you have them, plus space for playdough number formation.
2) Butterfly Spots Counting Clipcards to 20 – Kids will work on math and fine motor skills using wooden pegs to mark the number of spots on the butterfly.
3) Bugs Arrange By Size – There are 5 different bugs included with 6 sizes of each for kids to arrange.
4) Bumblebee Match By Math – Match the bee to the correct flower by solving the simple addition sums to 10. This would make a nice file folder game.
5) Caterpillar Complete The Pattern Strips – Print out and cut out into individual strips then use pompoms, dot markers, dot stickers or other colored manipulatives to complete the patterns. Includes ABAB, AABB, ABCABC and ABCB patterns.
6) Butterfly Alphabet Match – Kids will love playing with these upper and lowercase matching cards. I have included single color and multicolor letter cards for you.
7) Catching Butterfly Beginning Sounds – Print out the colored mats and picture sheets. Cut them out into individual butterfly cards. Kids will then match the objects on the butterfly to the correct letters on the mat.
8) Caterpillar Order Alphabet Strips – Kids will need to look at the set of 5 letters and decide if they’re in the correct alphabetic order. They will then choose the thumbs up or down icon. Print out and cut up into individual strips. Laminate and use these with dry-erase markers.
9) Ladybug Tracing Lines – Kids will love this fine motor pre-writing practice. 4 fun mats are included.
10) Leaves for Lunch Ants Alphabet Sort – Print up and cut up into individual cards. Have your kids divide up the letter cards into vowels and consonants.