I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
If you’re looking for a kindergarten space theme activity that combines early math with fine motor skills, then you’ll love this free space subtraction clip cards! With the recent spaceship launch to the International Space Station, the alignment of the planets to form the ‘Christmas star’ and all the space themed Lego sets my son received for his birthday, this space theme math center is an obvious favorite.
Other Printable Math Centers and Worksheets
1) Weather Math Worksheets Pack – 9 different math worksheets inside this weather-themed activity pack for working on number order, shapes, counting etc. Perfect for indoor learning on a rainy day.
2) Burger Stand Math Fun – This burger-themed printable will help your students do simple addition in their heads in such a fun way and introduced them to the concept of calculating money as they manage a pretend cafe.
3) Dog Bone Math Game – Count up the bones to help the adorable little puppies solve simple math sums in this printable game.
4) Bumblebee Addition Game – Colorful bee themed math game for kids to practice simple sums to 10.
5) Bunny Addition to 10 – Your preschooler can practice doing some addition to 10 sums using the adorable bunny number slider that comes with the worksheet.
Setting Up Your Space Theme Math Center
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator, counting tokens, number lines
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Kindergarten Space Theme Game
Print out the pages according to the size you would like – don’t forget to adjust your printer settings! I suggest to laminate them for repeated use. Your students will solve the space subtraction sum within 10 and choose the correct answer.
This is a simple but effective activity for early math that also incorporates a fine motor aspect. When your students use the wooden pegs to mark their answer, they are actually strengthening their fine motor muscles.
To make this space themed math center a self-checking activity, place a sticker or small mark at the back of each card at the correct answer so that your students can just flip it over to find out if they have chosen the correct number.
If you’d prefer your space themed math center to be digital, you can grab the Boom task cards version here.
Extend your kindergarten space theme learning unit with my Constellation Activity Pack. Your students can draw their own constellations, write out the alphabet with stars or play one of the other games included.
More fun educational tools you’ll like:
Books About Space That We Love:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **