I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Scarecrow activities are the perfect way to start off your fall season. Use these 10 literacy and math centers to create a whole week of autumn-themed fun for your preschoolers or kindergarteners.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Scarecrow Themed Activities Setup
For this activity pack you will need:
Plastic spinner or a combination of paperclip and pencil
Small items to use as tokens like pompoms, mini erasers, buttons etc
Writing and coloring tools
Blocks or Lego pieces
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
Below are some of the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Printable Scarecrow Literacy and Math Centers
This pack contains a variety of 10 themed centers that will develop literacy, early math and fine motor skills.
1) Scarecrow Letter Case Matching – Your child will match uppercase to lowercase letters.
2) Scarecrow Missing Letters – This game works on alphabet order. First you’ll need to laminate the letter cards then choose which level alphabet mat you want to use. There are 3 different mats included (easy, medium and hard) which have an increasing number of letters missing that your child needs to fill back in. Upper and lowercase mats are included.
3) Scarecrow Race and Chase Beginning Sounds – Spin the wheel to move that number of spaces on the letter game board. If you can name an object that starts with that letter, then you can stay on the space. If not, move one space backwards until you can name an object with that beginning letter. First one to the finish line wins! There are 10 different scarecrow player tokens included.
4) Scarecrow Rhyming – There are 12 pairs of rhyming words that your child can match up.
5) Scarecrow Spin and Cover Letters – This game works on letter recognition. Spin the wheel and use a small manipulative like mini erasers, pompoms or even corn kernels to cover that letter. Keep going until all the letters have been covered.
6) Scarecrow Counting Strips – Your child will fill in the missing number in the sequence. 2 differentiated levels are included (strips with 1 of 5 numbers missing and strips with 2 out of 5 numbers missing).
7) Scarecrow Number Tracing Strips – Laminate the strips and practice writing the numbers with a dry erase marker.
8) Scarecrow Ten Frame Matching – Your child will match up the number with the correct ten frame representation.
9) Scarecrow Roll and Graph – Roll the dice and mark it on the graph. 2 differentiated counting mats included – first to 5 or first to 10 wins. This game also improves visual discrimination skills.
10) Scarecrow Tower Building Number Cards – You can use these as counting mats to work on one to one correspondence.
( A full preview of the games is available when you click the yellow button below.)
Farm Alphabet Find and Cover
Dinosaur Theme Tally Marks 1 to 20 to Practice Subitizing
Cars Subitizing to 10 Task Cards
Honey Bee Life Cycle
Werewolf Spin and Cover Letters
Squirrel Ten Frame Mats
Winter Printable Worksheets Pack
Easter Math Mats for Preschool: Building Counting Towers, Playdough 2D Shape Mats and more!