I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Preschool and kindergarten kids will practice one-to-one correspondence as well as count and write number words from 1 to 10 using adorable school supplies pictures. This is a great back to school printable to have ready for welcoming your students after their long summer holiday or for your child to review what they need to know before school starts again.
What is One to One Correspondence?
When they first start learning to count, preschoolers will become good at saying the numbers from 1 to 10 in order without actually understanding what they mean. This is rote counting. One-to-one correspondence is the next skill where they are able to say one number as they touch one object; it’s the ability to accurately count a set of objects.
Besides one-to-one correspondence, this back to school printable also works on recognizing number words 1 to 10, spelling, and fine motor skills. You can correct your students’ pencil grip as they complete this number word writing activity.
Getting Your Number Word Writing Activity Ready
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Count and Write Game
Print out the sheets and cut them into individual writing cards.
I suggest laminating them and using dry erase markers so the game can be played with again and used in a group setting.
Your child will practice writing the number words one to ten, as well as counting 1-10.
This printable game helps kids practice one-to-one correspondence. You could give them small tokens to place on top of the school supplies as they are counting out loud to help reinforce this.
Printing these full size and laminating would be easiest but you could also make mini versions and keep them together on a metal ring to use as an individual math station or for fast finishers.
More Preschool and Kindergarten Math and Literacy Activities:
Need more help with your lesson planning? This bundle of literacy and math centers for preschool and kindergarten currently includes 16 different themed packs – each pack comes with 5 literacy and 5 math centers. You’ll save a ton of time and so much money! Get your whole year planned and ready to go easily!
Fun Books About Counting 1-10 That Rhyme:
Other Back to School Printables You’ll Love:
2) School Supplies Count and Write – Preschool and kindergarten kids will practice one to one correspondence and writing number words from 1 to 10 by counting adorable school supplies.
3) School Mazes – 3 different back to school mazes for fine motor practice
4) Lunchbox Notes –Kids will love them and remember fond memories of their time in school when you send them off every morning with these.
5) Bookshelf Scavenger Hunt – Use this printable treasure hunt as a fun literacy game in your classroom or as a hands-on activity to encourage reading for your homeschooling kids.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus