I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
These scarecrow number tracing strips will help your students master their number formation 1-10. Print these today for an easy prep math center for kindergarten.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
What You’ll Need for Number Formation 1-10
For this activity you will need:
Optional but recommended: Laminator and dry erase markers
Optional: Hole punch and ring
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Setup Your Scarecrow Number Tracing Strips
Print out the scarecrow number tracing strips and cut into the individual pieces.
I highly recommend laminating the strips, punching a hole and keeping the strips together on a ring. This makes it feel and look more like a game they need to complete fully and ensures the strips don’t get separated and lost.
Dry erase markers can be easily wiped off once the child is finished practicing their writing skills.
This math center for kindergarten makes a nice independent quiet time activity and can easily be used in a classroom center or as a file folder game to practice number formation 1-10.
More Fall Math Center for Kindergarten
My Scarecrow Preschool Themed Centers is a variety pack of 10 different games focused on early literacy, math and fine motor skills.
1) Scarecrow Letter Case Matching
2) Scarecrow Missing Letters – works on alphabet order by filling in the missing letter cards; Easy, medium or hard versions for both uppercase and lowercase included.
3) Scarecrow Race and Chase Beginning Sounds – name objects starting with a specific letter to reach the finish line
4) Scarecrow Rhyming – 12 pairs of rhyming words that the child can match up
5) Scarecrow Spin and Cover Letters – works on letter recognition.
6) Scarecrow Counting Strips – Fill in the missing number in the sequence. Easy and hard versions included.
7) Scarecrow Number Tracing Strips – laminate and practice writing the numbers with a dry erase marker
8) Scarecrow Ten Frame Matching – match up the number with correct ten frame representation
9) Scarecrow Roll and Graph – Roll the dice and mark the number on the graph. Works on early math and visual discrimination skills.
10) Scarecrow Tower Building Number Cards – Use as counting mats to work on one to one correspondence.
Fun Books About Scarecrows and Fall:
Other Fall Printables You’ll Love:
1) Fall Printable Worksheets Pack – 50-page pack for your little one to practice letter recognition, writing, counting, tracing, coloring and so much more.
2) Fall Leaves Number Sorting – Sort out the leaves and find which numbered tree they came from to practice number recognition, reading number words, and count with ten frames.
4) Count and Compare Acorns – Your child will count and compare the groups of acorns to help the squirrel chose the bigger one.
5) Acorn Tracing Lines – Practice fine motor skills with these 4 different acorn-themed worksheets to help the squirrel grab the acorn!
6) Scarecrow Sums to 10 – So quick to set up in just a few minutes, you can sit back and relax while your preschooler or kindergartener has fun learning to solve simple sums to 10.
7) Scarecrow Number Tracing Strips – Combine fine motor practice with early math skills in this scarecrow-themed game to practice writing numbers 1 to 10.
8) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – Develop early math skills with these 3 scarecrow-themed image sets to arrange from smallest to biggest.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus