I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Planning a squirrel theme for preschool this week? Don’t forget to include some preschool pencil grip activities! Practice fine motor control with these 4 different acorn tracing lines. Help the squirrel get to the acorn.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Acorn Tracing Lines Setup
For this activity you will need:
Any writing tool – crayon, pencil, etc
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Preschool Pencil Grip Activities
Print out the worksheets and ask your child to trace the lines with the provided writing tools.
There are 4 different line shapes to choose from in this fine motor control exercise. Preschool pencil grip activities are an important aspect of early literacy.
You can choose to laminate the sheets and use dry erase markers instead to save on reprinting. There is also a black and white version if you would like to use them as worksheets.
More Activities for Your Acorn and Squirrel Theme for Preschool:
My Fall Leaves and Acorns Themed Centers is a variety pack of 10 games focused on early literacy, math and fine motor skills.
These are the games included:
1) Acorn Beginning Sound Clip Cards – choose the correct first letter of the object shown
2) Acorn Alphabet Match – match the top (lowercase letter) and bottom (uppercase letter) of the acorns correctly
3) Acorn Pre Primer Sight Words Cards – includes 24 of the first 40 pre primer sight words. Choose from matching uppercase only, lowercase only or uppercase to lowercase.
4) Acorn Shape Tracing Mats – Draw out the different shapes or fill in the shape with playdough or some other small manipulative.
5) Fall Leaves Count and Match to 10 – match the numbers of leaves on the tree to the card
6) Fall Leaves Patterns – 3 different levels included ABAB, AABAAB, ABCABC
7) Fall Leaves Alphabet Sort – child will sort letter cards into upper or lowercase
8) Acorn Shape Matching Clip Cards – choose the correct shape that is shown on the acorn
9) Fall Leaves Number Fun 1-10 Sheets – trace, write, and form the number then count and color in the ten frame.
10) Acorn Tracing Lines – 4 different line shapes for fine motor practice.
Fun Books About Squirrels:
Other Fine Motor Printables You’ll Love:
1) St Patricks Fine Motor Mats – Your students can practice their playdough, coloring or any other crafty skills.
2) Pre Primer Sight Words Q Tip Painting – Your students will learn the 40 Dolch pre primer sight words with this set of q tip painting printable worksheets.
3) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – Kids will improve their fine motor skills and concentration at the same time. There are more than 10 different tracing patterns to choose from.
4) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats -Literacy and fine motor skills are developed with these colorful playdough letter mats that your students will surely treasure.
5) Acorn Tracing Lines – Practice fine motor skills with these 4 different acorn-themed worksheets. Help the squirrel grab the acorn!
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Other Fall Printables You’ll Love:
1) Fall Printable Worksheets Pack – 50-page pack for your little one to practice letter recognition, writing, counting, tracing, coloring and so much more.
2) Fall Leaves Number Sorting – Sort out the leaves and find which numbered tree they came from to practice number recognition, reading number words, and count with ten frames.
4) Count and Compare Acorns – Your child will count and compare the groups of acorns to help the squirrel chose the bigger one.
5) Acorn Tracing Lines – Practice fine motor skills with these 4 different acorn-themed worksheets to help the squirrel grab the acorn!
6) Scarecrow Sums to 10 – So quick to set up in just a few minutes, you can sit back and relax while your preschooler or kindergartener has fun learning to solve simple sums to 10.
7) Scarecrow Number Tracing Strips – Combine fine motor practice with early math skills in this scarecrow-themed game to practice writing numbers 1 to 10.
8) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – Develop early math skills with these 3 scarecrow-themed image sets to arrange from smallest to biggest.