I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
If you’re looking for transportation fine motor activities for preschool, then you’re in the right place! These prewriting lines are easy to prepare and super cute! There are more than 10 different transportation tracing lines to choose from.
Transportation Tracing Lines Setup
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Transportation Fine Motor Activities for Preschool
Print out the sheets or prewriting lines and cut them into their individual strips. Have your preschooler choose their writing tool and first pattern to start with.
I suggest to laminate them and use with dry erase markers so you can have a small group of students do it together.
This would also be a nice busy bag game for travelling. You could punch a single hole in the corner and use a metal ring to bring it around with you.
If you want to change it up, have your little learner ‘drive’ a toy car along the transportation tracing lines instead or use tweezers to place mini erasers along them.
Whichever way you choose to use these prewriting lines, your student will have so much fun!
Get More Than Just Prewriting Lines!
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Transportation Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Number Writing Mats – 1 to 20 included; Kids will trace the numbers as well as the number word. The number of vehicle images shown on the mats corresponds to the number so these can also be used for counting.
2) Hot Air Balloon Which Is More Clip Cards – 15 comparison sets for numbers 1 to 10; Place a wooden peg or clothespin on the picture with more hot air balloons.
3) Monster Truck Roll and Graph – Graphing sheet for 1 to 5 or 1 to 10 provided together with a special printable dice; Print out, cut, and form the dice. Ask your child to roll it and graph the result to see which monster truck will win the race.
4) Colorful Convertible Memory Match – 9 color pairs included; Turn over the cards 2 at a time trying to find the matching pair by memory.
5) Number Puzzle Strips – 6 different puzzles included for numbers 1-10 (2 designs), 11-20 (2 designs), counting by 2s up to 20, and counting by 10s up to 100.
6) Alphabet Bus Stop – Match the correct letter wheels to the bus according to the object shown on the beginning sound bus stop sign.
7) Parking Cars Tracing LInes – 12 patterns included for pre-writing practice
8) Train Handwriting Practice – Practice writing upper and lowercase letters
9) Truck Lego Letter Formation – Kids will love building the alphabet using the mats provided
10) Taxi Alphabet Matching – 2-piece puzzles to match up upper and lowercase letters
Fun Books About Vehicles:
Other Free Vehicle Themed Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Train Number Writing Practice – Kids will be able to practice their number handwriting skills in this train-themed activity that’s super easy to prep for your transportation learning week!
3) Monster Truck Rhyming Wheels – A fun early literacy activity where your child will pair up the monster truck wheels that have rhyming pictures.
4) Vehicle Shadow Matching – Develop visual discrimination with this fun vehicle-themed worksheet.
5) Construction Counting Mat – This construction-themed counting mat can be used with playdough, Legos or any other small manipulatives you have.
6) Truck Wheel Shape Matching – In this printable preschool shapes activity, they’ll work on early geometry as well as fine motor skills.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **