I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Help the adorable little puppies solve simple math sums in this printable dog bone counting game. This dog bone game is great for a pets theme learning unit or if you’re singing Give A Dog A Bone in your classroom this week! 24 different addition and subtraction cards included, as well as a recording sheet.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
For this activity you will need:
Writing tools for the recording sheet
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Puppy Numbers Game
Print out the dog and bone game sums and cut them out into individual cards. I would suggest laminating them to make the game reusable.
Print out the recording sheets and prepare some writing tools for the kids to write in their answers.
Place the sum cards in the middle of a table so each child can pick them up one by one and record their answer.
Alternatively, you can set up this dog bone game like a write the room scoot activity. This will get your students more of that much-needed movement time. Little brains work better when there’s movement involved!
More Fun Kindergarten Math
Looking for more ways to practice kindergarten math skills? I’ve got you covered!
4 amazing worksheet packs are included in this bundle covering everything from number recognition, counting to 20, subitizing, addition to 10, subtraction within 10, word problems, number sequence, comparing numbers, and much more!
Perfect for kindergarten students as homework, morning work, or no-prep math centers in the classroom! Have these on stand-by for fast finishers or substitute teachers!
Other Animal Printables You’ll Love:
1) Zoo Animal Sight Words Bingo – Use this as a small group literacy center in your classroom to learn pre-primer Dolch sight words.
4) Count the Chickens – practice counting from 1 to 10 with these clip cards.
5) Bird Theme 3-Part Cards – learn different types of birds in this Montessori-style activity.
8) Unicorn Ten Frame Mats – make math a little more magical while teaching one-to-one correspondence, counting, and the use of ten frames.
9) Dog Bone Math Game – Count up the bones and solve the simple sums within 10.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus