I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
My Flower Measurement Cards were such a popular post that I decided to make a summer themed one. Kindergarteners will love practicing measuring length with this printable summer math game! Get their rulers out for standard measurement to find the biggest ice cream in this fun math activity. You can also use this ice cream themed math activity for non standard measurement if you prefer.
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Ice Cream Measurement Cards Setup
For this activity you will need:
Writing tool for recording the answers
Ruler or blocks for measuring
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Playing This Fun Math Game
Print out the ice cream themed math activity sheets and cut them into individual measurement cards.
Teach your child how to use the ruler for standard measurement or measuring blocks for non standard measurement.
After they have finished measuring length of each ice cream, ask your student to write their answer in the recording sheet.
This printable summer math game develops number recognition, counting skills and fine motor writing skills.
More Ice Cream Themed Centers
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Ice Cream Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Ice Cream Letter Case Clipcards – match the upper and lowercase letters
2) Sight Word Scooping – find the correct lettered scoops to form the sight word on the cone
3) What’s The Letter Scoop? – pick a letter card and color it in the recording sheet; upper and lowercase provided
4) Ice Cream Code Words – set of 12 coded words provided with the decoder and answer sheet
5) Ice Cream Shop Tracing Lines – pre-writing practice of tracing the path the kids need to take to the shop
6) Banana Split Number Order – fill in one more and one less number from the one shown
7) Ice Cream Cone Shape Matching – 13 different shapes
8) Ice Cream Counting Clip Cards – count the number of scoops to 20
9) Ice Cream Ten Frame Matching – place the cherry with the correct number that matches the ten frame on the scoop
10) Popsicle Stick Number Formation Cards – can be used as flashcards or number formation activity with popsicle sticks or other manipulatives
Ice Cream Theme Books For Kindergarten:
Other Summer Printables You’ll Love:
2) Summer Gross Motor Dice – printable dice for getting kids moving outside!
3) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – grab your rulers and learn how to measure length using ice cream cones.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – works on number recognition, subitizing and counting all at once.
5) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of mixed worksheets working on various literacy and match activities.
6) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats – Literacy and fine motor skills are developed with these colorful playdough letter mats that your students will surely treasure.
7) Count and Compare Fish – In this fun game, kids will count and compare fish in a tank and fish in a bowl to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly.
8) Firefly Counting – This math activity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and homeschooling or for busy parents looking for something their little one can do independently.
9) Flower Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this spring flowers-themed printable.
10) Easy Mondrian Art – My preschooler loved doing this super simple tape and chalk art activity outdoors but if you don’t have a garden, you can download the printable I made for you!
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus