I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
My kindergartener loves pretends play! He really enjoyed owning his own burger stand and me looking at the menu then giving him my order. This printable activity got him doing simple addition in his head in such a fun way and introduced him to the concept of calculating money.
Other Food-themed Centers and Worksheets
Ice Cream Measurement – Kids will love this game finding out how big their ice cream is!
Counting Chocolate Chips – Practice counting from 1-10 with chocolate.
Gingerbread Number Puzzle Strips – Work on number order this holiday season.
Watermelon Number Puzzles – 4 piece puzzles that develop counting and subitizing skills.
Fruit and Vegetable Activity Pack – includes sorting, shadow matching etc.
Burger Stand Math Setup
Playing This Fun Math Game
Kids will love this combined pretend play and math activity.
First, print out the menu you wish to use – there are 3 varieties to choose from depending on your local currency plus a blank one without stated currency.
Based on their age & skill, choose the money counter that goes up to 20, 50 or 100.
Decide whether you are going to make up the food orders yourself or hand out the pre-made order cards. The order cards will need to be cut into individual pieces. Print out and cut up the burger bucks for even more pretend play fun! I suggest laminating it all.
Make your own order – Print out either the order sheet (to practice writing numbers) or the order tally (to practice writing a tally). Your child will take your order, total up the amount the pay and then mark out how much he or she earned on the money counter.
Using the pre-made order cards – Choose an order card to give to your child and ask him or her to count up the total. Your child will total up the amount the pay and then mark out how much he or she earned on the money counter.
The game continues until they have earned the full 20, 50 or 100.
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Ice Cream Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Ice Cream Letter Case Clipcards – match the upper and lowercase letters
2) Sight Word Scooping – find the correct lettered scoops to form the sight word on the cone
3) What’s The Letter Scoop? – pick a letter card and color it in the recording sheet; upper and lowercase provided
4) Ice Cream Code Words – set of 12 coded words provided with the decoder and answer sheet
5) Ice Cream Shop Tracing Lines – pre-writing practice of tracing the path the kids need to take to the shop
6) Banana Split Number Order – fill in one more and one less number from the one shown
7) Ice Cream Cone Shape Matching – 13 different shapes
8) Ice Cream Counting Clip Cards – count the number of scoops to 20
9) Ice Cream Ten Frame Matching – place the cherry with the correct number that matches the ten frame on the scoop
10) Popsicle Stick Number Formation Cards – can be used as flashcards or number formation activity with popsicle sticks or other manipulatives
Food Theme Books For Kindergarten:
More Free Food Themed Printables:
1) Burger Stand Math Fun – This burger-themed printable will help your students do simple addition in their heads in such a fun way and introduce them to the concept of calculating money as they manage a pretend cafe.
2) Fruit and Vegetable Color Clipcards – Preschoolers and kindergarteners will learn to identify colors while working on their fine motor strength.
3) Peanut Butter and Jelly Alphabet Matching – 2 piece puzzles where your students will learn to match upper to lowercase letters.
4) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this summer-themed ice cream printable.
5) Count The Marshmallows 1-10 – Kids love marshmallows – eating them, playing with them, and now, they’ll love counting them too!
6) Gingerbread Number Puzzle Strips – Set of 3 differentiated gingerbread-themed number puzzles including one with dice representation.
7) Farmers Market Activities Pack – This pack of 5 activities is the perfect opportunity for kids to learn about healthy eating.
8) Autumn Apples I Spy – 3 differentiated levels of I Spy games perfect for an apple-themed learning unit.
9) Fruit and Vegetable Activity Pack – Preschool fruit and vegetable activity pack of 5 printable games.