I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
These printable alphabet clip strips will make a fun valentine literacy for kindergarten students to practice their letter recognition. They will master matching uppercase and lowercase letters as well as develop fine motor strength!
(*Disclaimer: Some links in this post are affiliate links. I may receive a small commission but this does not increase the price you pay. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Valentines Alphabet Strips Setup
For this activity you will need:
Wooden legs or clips
Below are the supplies I use personally at home. After doing so many printable activities, I’ve found that it’s most helpful to always have these basic supplies on hand.
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Fun Valentines Literacy Center for Letter Recognition
Choose from 2 different alphabet strip designs and print out your favorite.
Cut out the sheets into individual strips. Each alphabet strip will have 1 main letter that the child will need to recognise and 5 other letters to choose from and decide which ones match it.
I recommend laminating them for repeated use. This game can be played as an individual activity but also in small groups.
Kids will practice both upper and lowercase letter recognition and pairing. Using the wooden clips will also develop finger strength.
There is also a black and white version included if you would like to match and color instead of using wooden pegs.
More Valentines Themed Centers
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Valentines Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on letters, phonics, numbers and more!
1) Alphabet Clip Strips – identify lower and uppercase of the letter shown, work fine motor and literacy at the same time!
2) Letter Case Matching Hearts – 2 piece puzzles for A-Z
3) Spin and Cover Letters – 5 Letter identification mats for A-Z for use with plastic spinner or a simple paperclip and pencil
4) Valentines Vowels – fill in the missing vowels of common CVC words, 40 cards included (8 each for A,E,I,O,U)
5) Valentines Cards Syllable Sort – sort out the picture cards into the mailbox showing the correct number of syllables
6) 1-10 Memory Game – tally and number versions included
7) Roll to 100 – special printable hearts design dice
8) 1-10 Lego Mats – practice writing out the number and forming the number with blocks
9) 1-10 Number Tracing Strips – perfect for dry erase writing practice
10) Which Has More Clip Cards – identify which group of chocolates is bigger
Fun Books About Kindness and Love: