I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Looking for some new preschool dinosaur activities? Help the dinosaurs escape the volcano eruption in this fun dinosaur line tracing activity. Prewriting activities for improving fine motor skills are fundamental for future letter formation skills. There are more than 10 different dinosaur tracing patterns to choose from in this free printable.
Other Printables for Fine Motor Skills
Acorn Tracing Lines – 4 different pattern mats available for you to choose from.
Scarecrow Number Tracing Strips – Print and cut into strips for kids to practice writing 1 to 10.
Back To School Mazes – 3 free mazes that will improve both pencil control and concentration skill.
Set Up Your Dinosaur Line Tracing Activity
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Fun Dinosaur Tracing Prewriting Activities
Print out the dinosaur line tracing sheets and cut them into their individual strips. Have your child choose their writing tool and first pattern to start with.
I suggest to laminate them and use with dry-erase markers so you can have a small group of kids do it together if you are in a preschool or daycare setting.
This would also be a nice busy bag game. You could punch a single hole in the corner and use a metal ring to bring it around with you.
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Dinosaur Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on math, literacy and fine motor skills.
1) Dinosaur Alphabet Writing Strips – with handwriting lines
2) Dinosaur CVC Ending Sounds – 40 different words included
3) Dinosaur Alphabet Clip Strips – place a clothespin/clip on the matching letters on the strip
4) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – pick a letter card then find and color it on the recording sheet
5) Dinosaur Playdough Color Words Mats – 8 different mats to use with playdough for forming the names of colors
6) Dinosaur School Race Spin and Graph – race to 10
7) Dinosaur Playdough Counting Mats to 10 – form the number and then fill up the ten frame with playdough ‘dinosaur eggs’
8) Dinosaur Number to Word Matching – number and word cards to 10 included
9) Dinosaur Egg Pattern Strips – use pompoms, dot markers, dot stickers or other colored manipulatives to complete the patterns. Includes ABAB, AABB, ABCABC and ABCB patterns
10) Dinosaur Eating Habits Sorting Mats – divide 18 food items into herbivore or carnivore mats
Check it out for more ready-to-go fun!
Fun Books About Dinosaurs:
Other Dinosaur Printables You’ll Love:
1) Dinosaur Printable Worksheets Pack – 50-page pack for your little one to practice letter recognition, writing, counting, graphing, tracing, coloring and so much more.
2) Dinosaur On The Run Tracing Lines – Improve fine motor skills and concentration at the same time. There are more than 10 different patterns to choose from.
3) Dinosaur Themed Literacy and Math Centers – 10 fun literacy and math games for preschool and kindergarten.
4) Dinosaur Shapes Roll and Graph Activity – Dice game to help with learning shapes and counting to 5.
5) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – Preschoolers will love pretending to be a paleontologist so grab this free printable game and start working on letter recognition.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Literacy Activites:
1) Valentines Alphabet Clip Strips – Kids will choose among 5 different letters on the strip to identify the matching ones.
2) Alphabet Beginning Sound Coloring Pages – Watch your child become more familiar with each letter of the alphabet as they practice coloring in the objects with that beginning sound.
3) Tommy Turkey’s Alphabet Pie – This turkey-themed letter recognition activity is so simple to prep and makes a great file folder game!
4) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats – Just print out the playing mats and ask your child to form the letters out using the playdough provided.
5) Farm Alphabet Find and Cover Letters – Work on letter recognition any time of the year!
6) Werewolf Spin and Cover – Kids will race to find all the letters on their mat this Halloween.
7) Bunny Burrows Game – Fun game for small groups or circle time where students will catch a bunny and say out the sound.
8) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – Dinosaur lovers will enjoy being a pretend paleontologist and finding all the letters.
9) Alphabet Handwriting Worksheets – Practice lowercase and capital letters with these print-and-go pages.
10) Rainy Day Alphabet – 1 printable, many ways to use.
5 Ways to Use Easter Eggs in the Classroom: Easter Bunny Sight Words and More!
Super Fun Space Theme Letter Mazes
Frog Theme Printable Number Puzzles for a Hopping Good Time Learning Numbers!
24 Fruit and Vegetable Color Matching Clipcards
Count The Worms 1-10
Learning Word Families: How To Teach Onset and Rime with CVC Puzzles (130 Words Included!)
Fun-Filled Fruit and Vegetable Activity Pack
Frog Lowercase Tracing