I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Looking for some new preschool dinosaur activities? Help the dinosaurs escape the volcano eruption in this fun dinosaur line tracing activity. Prewriting activities for improving fine motor skills are fundamental for future letter formation skills. There are more than 10 different dinosaur tracing patterns to choose from in this free printable.
Set Up Your Dinosaur Line Tracing Activity
For this activity you will need:
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Fun Dinosaur Tracing Prewriting Activities
Print out the dinosaur line tracing sheets and cut them into their individual strips. Have your child choose their writing tool and first pattern to start with.
I suggest to laminate them and use with dry-erase markers so you can have a small group of kids do it together if you are in a preschool or daycare setting.
This would also be a nice busy bag game. You could punch a single hole in the corner and use a metal ring to bring it around with you.
More Dinosaur Themed Centers
Like this? Then you’ll love my 10 Dinosaur Themed Literacy and Math Centers. These easy-prep games will get your students working on math, literacy and fine motor skills.
1) Dinosaur Alphabet Writing Strips – with handwriting lines
2) Dinosaur CVC Ending Sounds – 40 different words included
3) Dinosaur Alphabet Clip Strips – place a clothespin/clip on the matching letters on the strip
4) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – pick a letter card then find and color it on the recording sheet
5) Dinosaur Playdough Color Words Mats – 8 different mats to use with playdough for forming the names of colors
6) Dinosaur School Race Spin and Graph – race to 10
7) Dinosaur Playdough Counting Mats to 10 – form the number and then fill up the ten frame with playdough ‘dinosaur eggs’
8) Dinosaur Number to Word Matching – number and word cards to 10 included
9) Dinosaur Egg Pattern Strips – use pompoms, dot markers, dot stickers or other colored manipulatives to complete the patterns. Includes ABAB, AABB, ABCABC and ABCB patterns
10) Dinosaur Eating Habits Sorting Mats – divide 18 food items into herbivore or carnivore mats
Fun Books About Dinosaurs:
Other Dinosaur Printables You’ll Love:
1) Dinosaur Printable Worksheets Pack – 50-page pack for your little one to practice letter recognition, writing, counting, graphing, tracing, coloring and so much more.
2) Dinosaur On The Run Tracing Lines – Improve fine motor skills and concentration at the same time. There are more than 10 different patterns to choose from.
5) Letter-saurus Fossil Digging – Preschoolers will love pretending to be a paleontologist so grab this free printable game and start working on letter recognition.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom: