I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Students will love this new ocean theme activity. Use this printable kindergarten math center to practice addition to 10. These ocean theme task cards require just a thumbs up or down response and are perfect for summer!
Other Printable Summer Centers and Worksheets
1) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 free pages of summer-themed fun worksheets for preschoolers and kindergarteners to work on their literacy, math and fine motor skills.
2) Popsicle Stick Number Formation Mats 1-10 – These number formation mats are perfect for summer! Just grab some popsicle sticks and some craft velcro dots to get started.
3) Count The Crabs 1-10 – This printable set of counting clip cards will certainly get your preschoolers in the mood for all the sunshine and beach fun.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – These 4-piece watermelon number puzzles will keep your children entertained while working on early math skills like number recognition, counting and subitizing.
5) Count and Compare Fish – Kids will count and compare fish in a tank and fish in a bowl to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly.
Addition to 10 Cards Setup
For this activity you will need:
Optional: laminator and dry erase markers
If you don’t have the materials needed, don’t sweat! You can get it delivered to your doorstep really quickly with Amazon Prime. You can get a 30-day free trial here.
Fun Kindergarten Math Center
Print the pages according to the size you want – don’t forget to adjust your printer settings! I suggest printing them at 4 or 6 pages to 1 sheet and laminate them for easy and repeated use.
Your students will look at the addition sum shown and decide whether it’s correct or not. They will need to mark thumbs up for ‘yes’ or thumbs down for ‘no’.
This is a simple but effective activity that also incorporates a fine motor aspect. When you student uses a small wooden peg or clip to mark their answer, they are exercising their finger muscles.
You can also make this a self-checking activity by placing a small sticker at the back of the card at the correct letter. This way, the student will flip the card and they can check if they got the answer correct. There are 20 random addition equations to solve within 10.
If you don’t have clothespins, you can use dry-erase markers to circle the correct answer.
Pair This Ocean Theme Activity
If you’re looking to go digital, I also have this game available as Boom Cards which can be used with Seesaw, Google Classroom and other distance learning platforms. Grab these internet task cards here.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Other Summer Printables You’ll Love:
2) Summer Gross Motor Dice – printable dice for getting kids moving outside!
3) Ice Cream Measurement Cards – grab your rulers and learn how to measure length using ice cream cones.
4) Watermelon 4-piece Number Puzzles – works on number recognition, subitizing and counting all at once.
5) Summer Printable Worksheets Pack – 50 pages of mixed worksheets working on various literacy and match activities.
6) Pirate Alphabet Playdough Mats – Literacy and fine motor skills are developed with these colorful playdough letter mats that your students will surely treasure.
7) Count and Compare Fish – In this fun game, kids will count and compare fish in a tank and fish in a bowl to see which has a bigger number and learn how to use the symbols greater than and lesser than correctly.
8) Firefly Counting – This math activity is perfect for preschool, kindergarten, and homeschooling or for busy parents looking for something their little one can do independently.
9) Flower Measurement Cards – Kids work on math and measurement in this spring flowers-themed printable.
10) Easy Mondrian Art – My preschooler loved doing this super simple tape and chalk art activity outdoors but if you don’t have a garden, you can download the printable I made for you!
Ocean Theme Books For Kindergarten:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus
** To download this free printable please enter your email address below. Afterwards, the form disappears to reveal a clickable link – “Click here to download this printable”. Save it to your desktop or Google Drive as you need.
You’ll also be added to my newsletter list, giving you access to the Subscriber Library which has more than 500+ pages of worksheets free! **