I may earn money from companies mentioned in this post at no cost to you. Thank you!
Cute and brightly colored zoo animal puzzle printables will entice your child or student to learn number sequencing from 1 to 20. These strip puzzle games are easy to set up!
Setting Up Your Animal Number Puzzles
* Paper and printer
* optional: laminator to make the game reusable
(*The links below are affiliate links. Thank you for supporting this blog!)
Using Your Strip Puzzle Game
Get your zoo animal puzzle printable ready by cutting them into strips. Then ask the child the arrange the strip puzzle in the correct number order from 1 to 10 or 11 to 20.
Although this activity aims to teach the order of numbers 1 to 20, a child who doesn’t know how to count to 20 can still do it by simply forming the picture instead.
There are 2 puzzles included: one is numbers 1 to 10 and the other 11 to 20.
Free Animal Number Puzzle
If your child is good with the scissors, you could make it a combined fine motor activity by asking them to cut the strip puzzle out themselves.
You could also make it more challenging by mixing up both zoo animal puzzle printables together. This means that they will need to sort through the 2 animal number puzzles to get the correct sequences.
If you don’t show them what the picture is supposed to look like beforehand, then they will also pay more attention to trying to order the numbers rather than simply forming the picture of the zoo animal puzzle printable.
You can use this as an independent math station any time of the year. This can also be set up like a file folder game if you put some velcro dots behind each of the strips.
Other Animal Printables You’ll Love:
1) Zoo Animal Sight Words Bingo – Use this as a small group literacy center in your classroom to learn pre-primer Dolch sight words.
4) Count the Chickens – practice counting from 1 to 10 with these clip cards.
5) Bird Theme 3-Part Cards – learn different types of birds in this Montessori-style activity.
8) Unicorn Ten Frame Mats – make math a little more magical while teaching one-to-one correspondence, counting, and the use of ten frames.
9) Dog Bone Math Game – Count up the bones and solve the simple sums within 10.
Educational Tools For Your Classroom:
Browse My Most Popular Math Printables:
1) Parking Cars Tracing Lines – More than 10 different tracing line patterns to choose from, all of which help with pencil control.
2) Scarecrow Arrange By Size – 3 different scarecrow-themed image sets that they will arrange from smallest to biggest.
3) Bumblebee Addition Game – Solve the sum and help the bee land on the correct flower!
4) Farm Shapes Mats – Use playdough, pompoms, stickers etc to learn 2D shapes.
5) Popsicle Stick Number Formation – Kids will love forming the numbers 1 to 10 when ice cream and popsicles are involved!
8) Counting Colorful Bugs – This printable book will help kids count to 10 while also learning about color words.
9) Humpty Dumpty Numbers – In this printable game, your students will practice number recognition using 1 dice or simple addition when using 2 dice.
10) Build A Number Santa – Match the number to the correct number word, tally mark and domino to form a Santa Claus